Monday, July 28, 2008

It's official...

I. AM. FAT!

Its true. I've tipped the scale. I think that some time between the ages of 24 and 25 my metabolism woke up one day and said, "I'm tired! I've been working your ass off for 24ish years! I've been makin' sure you can eat what ever you want and you don't have to exercise. I'm tired and I don't want to work anymore! You're on your own."

There are lost of things that can account for the weight gain...
1. I have a job where I'm around food all day. Its good food and I make it myself.
2. I haven't really exercised in over a year.
3. I recently tried a new birth control that has a side effect of weight gain.
4. I only work 8 hours a day so the rest of my day is spent sitting on the couch.
5. I have been drinking A LOT more since moving here.
6. I do indulge in eating farm fresh bacon, every day... I have to make sure its of good quality, for the customer of course.

The battle of the bulge began last summer. I noticed that my jeans were getting tighter. It was hard but I gave away my size 2 jeans and bought some that fit. Then we took a trip to Las Vegas and I knew we would spend some time at the pool. My bikini still fit but I didn't look my best. I figured I'd just stay in the water and no one would notice. Later in the year we went to Keystone, CO. I had to, at this point, squeeze my self into that same bikini and then sit in a hot tub with some of Gordon's co-workers. Not my best bikini moment. This was the beginning of the 'roll' down hill for me. So since I've been here I have gone up another pant size... now 2 sizes larger than I was last summer. I noticed in some of the pictures from when Gordon's parents were here how bad it has really gotten.

I leave for Chicago in a few days so there isn't enough time to slim down before I see my friends. BUT, when I get back things are gonna change. They have to.

No comments: