Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What's on the old boob tube.


Quantum Leap

....Striving to put right what once went wrong.

I'm sure most of you remember this show. I have fond memories of this program. I remember it use to air on Thursday nights and we would have to record (on tape) the episodes because my mom was in a bowling league and she would miss the show. My sister and I would watch the show when it was on and then again when my mom got home. It was always funny to see Sam dressed as a woman and try to put on makeup or walk in high heals.

In our latest cable upgrade we got a new channel I had never heard of, ION. Its kinda like Pax (if anyone remembers that channel). They show re-runs of older TV shows. I stumbled across Quantum Leap in the guide and was thrilled. I have now replaced my obsessive watching of Law & Order SVU with Quantum Leap. It's a more touching, feel-good way to spend the evening. Plus, a lot of the episodes that have been on lately I don't remember ever watching.



Weeds
....There's a green one and a pink one and a blue one and a yellow one. And they're all made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same.

We got into this show a little late. We don't have Showtime so we are not current on the show. But, we have been watching via Blockbuster online. We spent two weeks watching the first two seasons in preparation for the release of season three on DVD. We are still waiting to get season three but once we are done watching that it's gonna be hard to wait for season four. Its such an awesome show!!! It is so funny in a very sarcastic matter of fact kind of way. I've always loved Mary Louise Parker and she does an amazing job in her role as drug dealing/small business owning/twice widow/mother of 2. If you haven't seen this show, get it on Netflix or Blockbuster Online and spend a weekend watching it.


Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood

Again, I came upon this show late. Oxygen is another channel we got in the cable upgrade. I got hooked on Tori & Dean: Inn Love marathon leading up to the premiere of Home Sweet Hollywood. They are so cute together. It's refreshing to see a couple so in love and have it all together. Liam is a super cute 'little monkey'. Tori works so hard to take care of her family and have a life different from what she knew growing up. Love this show. Gordon only watched the show for a few minutes the other day and all he had to say about it was, "His glasses are awesome!". So, if anyone out there knows what brad Dean's glasses are please let me know so I can try to get them for Gordon.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I know I'm commenting on every post, but you know I love me some tv...

I am still trying to get through the first season of Weeds, but I love it so much.

And don't get me started on Tori and Dean. I never knew I could have such strong feelings for Tori Spelling. She's funny, right?