Monday, April 14, 2008

Home is where...

... ever Gordon is.

In late November Gordon was offered the possibility of becoming a full time on air DJ for a Philadelphia rock station. A few weeks later that offer became very real with an even realer 2 week move date. After long discussions and days of going back and forth over the idea of moving 800 miles away from the only city he had ever called home, leaving a great apartment, not being close to our friends and family, and me having to quit my job we decided to make the move. Gordon came and checked out the city and apartments. He moved here shortly after the new year. I packed up our apartment and desperately tried to sublet it so that we could avoid breaking a lease. I arrived at the beginning of February.

Things have been pretty good since we got here. I found an awesome job about a week after moving here. http://www.farmiciarestaurant.com/ I love it. I haven't loved my job in a very long time. The people are great, the food is good (I've already been given a chance to add some of my own things to the menu) and its close to home.

Everything is close to home here. I got rid of my car when we moved here. I walk everywhere. We are right in the middle of downtown Philly. I walk past the liberty bell and Ben Franklin's print shop every day. Its interesting to be in a city that is so deep in national history.

No comments: