Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's not for sale.

We have this bar that we have kind of be come regulars at. Gordon went there the first time he came to Philly. Gordon and Spike drink there every Friday after their show and for the past month or so the three of us have been going every Saturday. We know the bartenders and servers and they know us.

Monday they had a staff art show. Some of the stuff was really cool. They had paintings, photos, drawings, mix media art, and blown glass. Some were really expensive, others were available for trade. The pieces that Spike and I liked weren't for sale. I wasn't really looking to buy anything but Spike was a little irritated that the hot bartender wouldn't sell him her art. Who doesn't want to sell their art?



Tuesday was fun day. After living here for 2 1/2 months I finally met up with Marcia Green. We went to Starbucks and talked for 2 hours. While standing in line to buy something to drink we both said that we don't drink coffee. Neither of us like the taste of it. What were we doing at Starbucks?(I had apple cider she had hot cocoa) It was a nice evening. Hopefully there will be many more.



Tonight is a reading night. I joined a book club to try and meet people. I also thought it would be good for me to start reading more. The club reads one book a month which is something I feel like I can handle. Our first meeting is in a couple weeks. I've been reading every day but I haven't gotten very far. The book is good and I'm totally interested in it, but I don't start reading till I'm about to get into bed and then I get sleepy. I'm gonna start earlier tonight.

No comments: