Saturday, May 10, 2008

Movie Maddness

In the past few weeks I have been watching a good deal of movies. Gordon and I have been watching a movie on Sunday nights after I make dinner. Kinda like an indoor date night.

Recent movies:

Road to Perdition: A lot bloodier than I thought it was going to be. It was really good.

LA Confidential: Again, really good. I love Kevin Spacey.

Wassup Rockers: I knew nothing about this movie except that Gordon said we HAVE to move it to the top of the list. It was done by the same guy that did KIDS, all the characters were played by the actual kids the movie was about.

Hollywoodland: This was actually a movie I already owned, thank you prize closet. But I had not opened it until the other day. It was a little slow moving, but it got good and left some unanswered questions... I hate that.

Dead Man: This movie stars one of my favorite actors, Johnny Depp. It was so slow... the story dragged, the plot was not good. I fell asleep and did not care to go back and watch it again.

Lone Star: 30 year old Police murder mystery set in rural Texas. It was so so. Again, I fell asleep just before the end so I don't know who killed who. I didn't get to watch it a second time either because I had to send it back.

Crash: Not the NC17 one... the more recent Oscar winning one. TOTALLY NOT WHAT I THOUGHT IT WAS! I honestly knew nothing about the movie except that it had won an Oscar. I really thought it was about drugs or something else. I thought it was a little over the top but really good.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall: Laughed my ass off. So good. I would see it again.

Iron Man: I'll be honest, I'm not a comic book into a movie fan(excluding BATMAN). I liked it. It had action, a love story, and a hook at the end to reel you into the sequel.

Baby Mama: I love Tina Fey and Amy Poller. They are great together. It was funny, it was touching, it was funny some more. The movie takes place in Philly. I would not recognize anything in that movie if I didn't live here. It was fun to know where they were and think, hey I've been there. Steve Martin was also in this movie. I wasn't expecting that at all because they never showed him in the previews. He's great.

I watched all these movies in the last 2 weeks. I have one more for this weekend; Wristcutters: A Love Story. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: